Friday, 20 January 2012

To Scale

The accompanying images are of my to scale paper garment. I wanted the garment to appear clean, strong, curvaceous and refined - I'm hoping I've attained all of this.
I was honestly dreading putting the garment together; my lack of experience in pattern cutting and previous disastrous experiences with making garments did nothing for my confidence. I was astounded when I completed the entire garment in approx. 3 hours.
I rather tactically choose a simple yet (I think) striking design to scale up; I felt it would be better to attain a great finish than to over complicate by choosing a more complex design. In retrospect, I do feel I could have created a more difficult pattern, however I am very happy with the polished finished garment. Again the theme of time links with this, the constraint of a deadline has to, realistically, inform aspects of a project - this is something I am gradually realising.

No comments:

Post a Comment