Thursday, 19 January 2012

Inspirational

I adore this detail of a Haider Ackermann design, it expresses his work in a way words cannot; The rich intensity of colour and fabric, the complex layering amongst simple forms, the manipulation of shape to create character through folds, ripples and ties. In case you can't tell already, I'm a BIG fan.
Ackermann's work is so fluid yet defined; the character he creates is always multifaceted and enchanting, making the spectator question her story. His wide use of contrasting fabrics, structure and shapes always appear so impossibly harmonious. He just knows how to do it and my lord does he do it well.
I've used Ackermann extensively in my secondary research for 'text as shape'. Partly because his work is abundant with shapes which can be interpreted as alphabetical forms but also because I can't get enough of his designs.
I really look to Ackermann as an inspirational designer; his work achieves an astounding level of refinement whilst still maintaining it's edge and raw appeal - something I aspire for my own one day.
I could literally write an essay on this guy so I'm going to stop now before I begin to sound a little crazy (in case I don't already).

No comments:

Post a Comment