I do get particularly nervous for reviews and tutorials etc. I'm not sure why, perhaps I'm too intent on making a good impression. I certainly always feel confident in my work (or I wouldn't have turned up - I'm a perfectionist), I usually have plenty to say but there is something about the pressure of that atmosphere - being judged that screws me up. I'm really working on trying to relax, after all reviews aren't going to be uncommon throughout the next 3 and a half years.
As you can imagine, I was on stress island pre 'Text' review - the presence of Jimmy Stephen Cran (Head of Fashion and Textiles) was worrying me (of course at the end of the day unnecessarily). Surprisingly when it was my turn to discuss my project in the review I felt calm, collected and assured; Jimmy's presence became more of a pleasure than a dread. When it was all over, I kind of wanted to do it again... Oh Abi.
Hey there your blog is super interesting. I was wondering if I could ask you a few questions cause I'm so undecided as to whether I'd like to study Fashion at Glasgow, as its one of my choices for next year. Thanks.
ReplyDelete