
My new project, titled 'text' has invigorated me. It's so exciting; distinctly a fashion design project and full of opportunities to explore drawing, illustration, moulage, draping, conceptual thinking... the list goes on. I am super excited.
For me this brief has validated my love for fashion design; it has rediscovered my fervent passion for the subject (and possibly made me a little crazy in doing so - hence the undertones of extreme emotion in this post). I've spent the last few hours pouring over catwalk videos and photos with Jane (one of my course mates). Our blatant shared enthusiasm has made me feel ready to conquer the project, moreover to become engrossed in it.
I've been feeling low recently, returning to Glasgow after a long time at home has hit me hard. I thrive on the support of the people I love and though their support is unconditional, it isn't as readily available (in the form of hugs) when I'm this far away from home. It's easy to become lost without familiarity but (and this is going to sound VERY cringe-worthy) rediscovering my passion for my work makes me feel a little more found.
[The image I have used on this post (Givenchy Couture) has been taken from my secondary research on subtle letterforms within fashion design.]
No comments:
Post a Comment