The following are some magnified shots of my water colour flowers. Normally, with water colours I get a demure, delicate colour palette though the opposite has happened here. I think the bright almost fluorescent colours compliment the style of the drawing and are not overpowering due to how lightly they've been used. Another feature of this style of painting that I love is the exposed pencil marks (which have been enhanced with pen in places) this gives the images a more raw, illustrative feel. I don't normally work in this sort of messy style but I love the odd marks and imperfections that adds quirk, maybe it's something I will start doing more often.
Sunday, 3 October 2010
Electric Bloom +
The following are some magnified shots of my water colour flowers. Normally, with water colours I get a demure, delicate colour palette though the opposite has happened here. I think the bright almost fluorescent colours compliment the style of the drawing and are not overpowering due to how lightly they've been used. Another feature of this style of painting that I love is the exposed pencil marks (which have been enhanced with pen in places) this gives the images a more raw, illustrative feel. I don't normally work in this sort of messy style but I love the odd marks and imperfections that adds quirk, maybe it's something I will start doing more often.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
This painting is absolutely BEAUTIFUL! Great job!
ReplyDeleteThat GOOD GOOD Blog