Thursday, 30 September 2010

Formalities

PhotobucketPhotobucket

The above image is just a snippet of my A2 textiles background pages, I just use lashing or arcylic and mix the colour on the page to leave the overall look more raw. I know layers of paint is simple, but there is something greatly effective about the texture you come out with, especially with the right use of colour. Anyway, it offsets the content of my folder perfectly and I can just use simple black card to back.
The Second photograph is of my 'existing products' page, basically an analysis of things that comply with my self set brief (I'm desiging a collection of bespoke tailored suits through the mirroring of client character and ideologies). I have this major thing about laying the images down perfectly, my pages have to be perfect, I drive myself mad. I'm obsessed with the Bottega Veneta outfit (largest image on the page.)
I can't say how important presentation is to me. I love the contrast between textiles and art; with textiles I get to be concise, refined and neat, whilst art is about expressive handwritten scribbles and annotations. I'll keep you posted on textiles/art. I'll do some posts on my AS modules when I get them back in October.

2 comments:

  1. your pieces of art are lovely :)
    as textiles looks so much fun

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I love getting comments like this haha.
    Textiles is loads of fun you get to channel your own project which I think is probably what makes it so great, that total control of what you're doing!

    ReplyDelete