Thursday, 21 October 2010

A Stealing Glance

Photobucket
Photobucket

My first attempt using oil paint and I can't believe I have never used it before, it's lavishly thick application and ability to be manipulated is amazing, It's perfect for my paint style too, goodbye acrylics!
This piece is a transcription for my art investigation, I was really trying to capture the essence of Alyssa Monks' painting through it, using loose, languid brush strokes (and a massive brush for once). I have to say for someone who has constantly used tiny brushes and minute detail it was incredibly liberating.

6 comments:

  1. this is so fantastic, I'd never be able to do anything like it. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is incredible, you are so very talented miss!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love your blog. this is amazing! frankly, i've always been an oil-paint type of girl. generally i work with a palette knife, oils allows me to structure my painting, almost like a sculpture on a canvas.

    i love the use of varied colours here!
    definitely following.
    rena.

    stop by sometime?

    ReplyDelete