Sunday, 20 March 2011

Looking Glass

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
The new project has begun... my last ever school art project. I'm actually dreading giving up art, I hope to continue it recreationally, but how much time i'll have to do that may be an issue.
Basically, I was given an exam paper with 6 themes, I chose the most ambiguous - 'attention to detail'. For some reason i've always had this odd attraction to jars and the colour within glass so this became my starting point. I've been looking at the distortion and the enhancment the glass creates; the intensity and dulling of colour. I'm focusing on the contrasts (as ever), the sharpness of the glass juxtaposed against the distortion of the objects within of behind it; glass upon glass. I'm yet to formulate the entire concept, nevertheless I have my ideas; the notion of identity and it's containment, objects being held in jars, encased and sacred.
I'll post some drawings/paintings soon.
It's been so odd to divert away from my beloved portraiture; I feel like art has become less stressful since doing so, I'm enjoying it.

No comments:

Post a Comment